The devastation fire can cause to business and buildings makes it essential to have procedures and safety measures in place to help prevent such incidents happening in the first place. One such measure is installing fire resistant shutters and curtains which is a great addition in ensuring fire safety within your business in London and Kent.
Our range of smoke curtains have been tested achieving a 2 hour rating and fire resistant shutters achieving a 4 hour rating. Using these fire systems can reduce the spread of fire greatly and protect other areas from further damage whilst waiting for the emergency services to arrive. For many years we have been contracted to maintain the London Fire Brigades stations and our engineers regularly report back that the use of Fire Curtains and Fire Shutters in London has helped in limiting the spread of fire and reducing further damage.
We have installed and maintained fire curtains and fire shutters across London and Kent for many years to give our customers the peace of mind that should an accident happen they have greatly reduced the dangers associated with such an incident. The high level of expertise our engineers have will ensure the fire door or fire curtain is fitted to a high degree and if you are looking for further protection in the years to follow we are able to offer a maintenance program tailored to your needs.
Arkas fire shutters are manufactured under strict computer controlled procedures that govern all aspects in accordance with BS 476 part 2 1987, achieving up to a 4 hour rating.
Contact us with your requirements for a fire curtain or fire shutter in London and Kent, our team can give further technical specifications or arrange for a free no-obligation quote, call us on 01622 843111
- All mild steel construction
- Unsprung barrel and safety brake.
- Operation by 240v tubular motor.
- Standard actuation is a surface mounted key switch.
- Automatic powered closure in case of fire through relay wired into fire alarm signal “by others”
- Hood is included as standard.
- Battery back up unit for use in the event of a power failure
- Galvanized construction
- Manufactured and CE marked in accordance with BS E 1604:2014 Fire test and supporting assessment carried out in accordance with BS EN 1634-1, BS EN 13241:2003 + A2:2016 and certified to 1121-CPR-RA5006.
- EN 12453:2017, Power operated industrial, commercial and garage doors and gates – safety in use.
- EN 12604:2017, Industrial, commercial and garage doors and gates – mechanical aspects.
- Please note: as a “fire shutter” this door is designed to remain in the open position until required to prevent spread of fire. This is not a security shutter.